Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dinner At Josephine's


I watched your fingers in the candle light;

Your rings shone differently at every angle like phases of the moon,

And even your open leather jacket glowed like foxfire

As we sat with only window glass and our shifting reflections

Between us and the rain outside in the street.


It all follows me like fog, you know.

It rises like mist right through me,

And I am the one left wavering, insubstantial,

Remembering the moon

Remembering your fingers

Remembering our single tender kiss--

All I'll ever have

Of you.

____________________

6 comments:

  1. It's nice but sad in the end all we have is memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au contraire, pierre....there is still Josephine's! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do adore your way with the
    bittersweet, shayfire, gently
    longing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cynthia, that does seem to be a specialty of mine. And, I always love it when you stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, how deliciously tangy-sweet this is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like the fare at Josephine's, Lil Bit! C'mon, my treat for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?