Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Shy Girl's Apology Comes Too Late

I am shy--
to the last or the nth degree,
depending upon my mood.

I hide from the males--
bigger, bolder--
less inclined to bother with formalities as they get older.

I'm a quiet girl--
padding softly, barely breathing.
I don't like sloppy unplanned meetings.

Soft as a whisper, careful as a lie--
out on a limb
when the sun is high.

I am shy--
a spotty rumor, or a golden-eyed beauty
depending upon my mood.

So, you must forgive me
if my approach seems rude--
I couldn't help noticing that you're made of food.
________

for Hannahballistic's Transforming Friday!

17 comments:

  1. This is a lot of fun, as well as a lot of pure poetry--and you know I love it when you rhyme. The simplicity of the tercets really underscores the basic primal state of feline in jungle, and our own imprinted instincts that are under everything we've painted on top of them. And yes, they are *even less* inclined to bother about formalities with age--there's a desperation, just before they totally lose interest. ;_)Last lines rule here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, unlike hedgewitch, don't like your use of rhyme. I'm envious of it. ;) It always seems like it comes naturally, and is a seamless part of the poem.

    Your rhyme and near-rhyme make me green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful - what a portrait of sharp claws in a velvet glove. That last line is brilliant - impeccable timing, and in keeping with this genteel predator pussy-footing her way down jungle paths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. soft as a whisper, careful as a lie

    That is stunning as is the whole poem, rich with layers of meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this, especially the last line:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. And that ending caught me by surprise. Just had to giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a shy girl myself I loved it! And the last line was awesome...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last stanza made me giggle with dark enjoyment. Great piece, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Soft as a whisper, careful as a lie--
    a spotty rumor, or a golden-eyed beauty"

    I love these lines!! Thanks a bunch for writing...I always enjoy your responses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! loved this and i needed a little cheering up

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this. I burst out laughing at the last line, Shay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, thank you! This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. bwa ha ha ha ha!!!

    good one, Sis!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?