Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, July 11, 2014

History and the Future Made Easy

Not dressed like that, said mama to teenage Joan
but it's just whistling in the wind when a girl gets that traveling jones.
She carried a cross and a blade--
that runaway, that country simple Jeanne, the Maid.

Some people ya just can't please no matter what you do--
they'll sell you out for money, and to the fucking English, too.
There's only so much a girl can take,
and that's why she said, as they tied her to the stake--

Choose me or lose me.
This half hearted half way stuff doesn't move me.
I'm the coolest bad ass girl you were ever lucky enough to meet,
so choose me or lose me--
don't try to sell me bones and call it meat.

Ms. E wore a wide-brimmed garden hat and not much else,
living off the fat of the land and smiling quietly to herself.
She say, Adam you must be the biggest fool in the room--
I didn't come from a rib, but you came from a womb.

Wind come up, sky turned dark--
snake up in the tree was double looped and double parked.
You can't handle the truth, said Ms. E as she caught a cab,
and added something about a fool not knowing what they have.

Choose me or lose me.
This half hearted half way stuff doesn't move me.
I'm the coolest bad ass girl you were ever lucky enough to meet,
so choose me or lose me--
don't try to sell me bones and call it meat.
________

for Corey's challenge at Real Toads


16 comments:

  1. You know I love it when you rhyme, and here you work in some of my favorite historical characters as interpreted by Fireblossom, the girl-saint and the maiden poet, inscrutable, full of a fire burning from the inside out. Your refrain is hot, scalding hot, and ice freezing cold, and true to the bone, with plenty of meat attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Man--haven't heard that song in years--'walk on your lips through broken glass/to get next to that' indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the refrain "Choose me or lose me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm listening to the song as I write this. I enjoy your poem! Jeanne and Ms. E deserve the care you took to put the words in their mouths "Choose me or lose me." I know God chose Jeanne, but I think Ms. E got a raw deal, cab fare in the brim of her hat and no where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great refrain. Worthy of becoming a catch phrase



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That refrain? It's you. And nobody does it better ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Choose me or loose me." I'm having a serious case of the I-Wish-I-Wrote-That.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful Fireblossom... A very modern take on the old tale of valour and courage.... Really honestly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we all know YOU the coolest bad ass girl we were ever lucky enough to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. blogger is not letting me sign in with my wordpress account ~only my google email account which i don't want to use. will try again with another poem over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Choose me or lose me.", Mancat like me think...this is a headache situation for most man.
    Thanks COD ! I'm A Mancat..Not man..Man..tee..heh
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is one of very few voices that carries the universe and back again and when its done, it sounds as real and as handsome as the day the words were penned. Absolutely fierce and absolutely shay (that should be a reality show...lol.) that is the cooled t of refrains and your characterization is built like a brick shit house. Heavy sigh....love it when you play. thanks Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love your versions better than the official stories....love Eve's remark to Adam..... duh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Choose me or lose me!

    I couldn't have said it better myself.

    I love the pic you chose (being a big Suits fan).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damn, I love this. The E and Adam stanza is beyond brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?