Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hospital Food

It takes a certain kind of woman
to make me give up a perfectly good spot out on the ledge,
but your voice was soft,
and you were wearing those cute glasses.
The rest of your clothes were all in the laundry, and so,
I folded my wings and came back to bed,
true as a swallow.

The Spanish established missions all over the west,
and brought with them rosaries and refried beans--
all the things that they loved best.
You'll say it was the native tribes
with the best recipes for every sort of hunger, 
and that the Spanish can claim only diseases and Catholicism;
still, you kiss my silver cross
where it rests between my breasts,
and you whisper that I am the nicest nun this side of St. Anyplace.

I was blue all day until you got here, honey.
I was fidgety and cross and off my feed.
But now, here you are,
your glasses on the side table.
I love it when your knees find east and west,
your fingers curl around my ears as if they were Indian jewelry,
and you say "Eat. It's good for you."
Well yes it is, sweetheart.
Yes it is.
_______ 

for Karin's mini challenge at Toads.


18 comments:

  1. Lush and lyrical, and down and dirty, but always the lady here--some graceful visuals and viscerals in this, and it's pretty clear this hospital food did not come from the cafeteria, but from a different set of steam tables entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unless it's blue bell ice cream products served in hospitals and you die of listeria poisoning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha--this is so clever and sexy and fun--from the giving up of the spot on the ledge, and the true swallow to the more than swallow at the end--the background of the Indian and Spanish super cleverly done--suavely pulls reader into the east and west--k. (Manicddaily)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first two lines are great... off the ledge... oh, my.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a delicious way to dine.. The mingling of the recipes of Spanish and the natives works so well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playfully serious and full of flavor. I love the glimpses of wings, food, desire and fun. And I really like this line, "I love it when your knees find east and west," for it speaks of give-and-take... and of dual trust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot express how much I love this. But if I could it would read a lot like Hedgewitch's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..you transported me from cold spring wind to the heat of intimate glance, delicate touch.

    Very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That healing food is not at any hospital I know! The three part story line is brilliant, as it brings East and west togetherin more ways than one. The cross is a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eroctic and well written.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stuff, deliciously erotic.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my. Those knees going east and west!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I attended grammar school at one of those missions, and never did imagine anything as lush and savory as this ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, well that's simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Sexy, sweet, and all the other good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?